The Future of Lake Accotink Park
Public Comment Due May 28, 2018
If no action is taken, Lake Accotink eventually will fill up with sediment and essentially be eliminated. There are several options to prevent this, but none of them are free. Therefore, Fairfax County is seeking input from the community before deciding what steps to take next.
You can read more about the Lake Accotink Master Plan on the Fairfax County's Park Authority website.
Review the presentation from the last public meeting to see an overview of the five options currently under consideration.
37th Annual Derby Day!
Buy your tickets now for our 37th Annual Derby Day. Tickets start at $40 for individuals and $100 for families. Other sponsorship levels available.
Date: Saturday, May 5, 2018
Time: 4:30 – 7:00 pm
Location: Kilroy's Restaraunt & Sport's Bar, Ravenswoth Shopping Center, 5250 Port Royal Rd, Springfield, VA 22151 (click here for map)
SAVE THE DATE: Click here to add this to your calendar. 05-05-2018 16:30:00 05-05-2018 19:00:00 15 Braddock Dems Derby Day #DerbyDay18%0D%0AHelp #KeepVABlue as we celebrate the 144th running of the Kentucky Derby. Details at braddockdems.org/derbyday 5250A Port Royal Rd, Springfield, VA 22151 Braddock Democrats firstname.lastname@example.org false DD/MM/YYYY
Find more information at braddockdems.org/derbyday.
Looking to get involved?
If the results of this election have you fired up to get more involved and ensure Virginia remains a firewall against Trumpist policies, we'd love to have you on our team! You can let us know your interests and skills at braddockdems.org/getinvolved and we'll match you up with activities that fit your interests and location. In addition, we have several sites on which we post events and volunteer opportunities:
- Bookmark our SignUpGenius page: braddockdems.org/signups.
- Subscribe to our Google Calendar: Go to braddockdems.org/calendar and click on in the lower right hand corner.
- Check out our Facebook Events: Go to braddockdems.org/facebook/events. [We include not only our own events, but also events of other Democratic or progressive organizations that may be of interest to our members and volunteers.]
- Join our MeetUp group: braddockdems.org/meetup.
Congratulations to Our New Executive Committee!
At our re-organization meeting on December 6, we elected/re-elected 15 new officers of the Braddock District Democratic Committee. You can see who they are and their contact information on our Contact page. Feel free to rach out to any of them about becoming more involved.
Try Out Our New Calendar
We have re-vamped our Calendar page to hopefully make it more useable:
- The default view is
Agendato make the full event names readable (but you can change it to Monthly or Weekly view).
- We have divided events into four different, color coded, categories. You can view all events at once, or just the categories that interest you. You can also subscribe to individual categories or to the entire calendar.